Blockhead: The Game Blockhead: The Game

Good, but don't expect anything great

The game itself looks good, but I can't seem to play it, as it's full of glitches which make it impossible to play.

Right, after playing for about 20 seconds or so, you sucessfully managed to kill firefox by slowing everything down to about 3 frames per second, before everything, and I mean, every flash player on the screen completley gives up. Wasn't a one off thing; or I'd just blame firefox. Every time I play the game, it crashes up. That needs fixing.

Considering it was coded by the author of Tri-achnid, I would have expected it to be next to glitch free, but now, I just assume you're awesome at physics, but not perfect at the regular stuff.

Fix all the stuff, then it would be worth the 4.3 is currently has.

Super Smash Flash Super Smash Flash

Woah

I didn't even think it would have been possible to re-create SSBM In flash- but it seems so!
You captured the menu perfectly, which is a big plus.
The In-Game Mode was probably the best you're going to get for the flash, despite several control bugs I have encountered.
One thing you might want to fix is the character's registration points. Maybe it was just Link, but when he turned he 'jumped'. This can easily be fixed by making his registration point at the very centre, not towards the left / right.
The only other problem was that there was only one attack key >:(

Apart from that, great work! That must have taken ages to code, and I assume wasn't the easiest of all tasks

^_^

Cleod-9 responds:

As you can see of course I still have more to learn. Thanks!

Pirates and Treasure Pirates and Treasure

Loved it

I loved the whole concept of putting mini-games into a story line. I also liked your animation style and drawing, both were very fluent. The concept of having individual wins and lose cutscenes for each task was great, and overall it worked out great. I loved all the mini games, but the last boss was a bit slow. Apart from that, great work. I'm looking foward to seeing more from you.

And also, thanks for putting some humor in there ^_^

Four Second Frenzy Four Second Frenzy

Meh, another game gone corporate

Ok, let's give the rundown.
Half the games were next to impossible, and took 4 seconds to understand. Most of the concepts were unoriginal, infact the whole game was basically the previous version, with a couple of tweaks.
Additionally, some games gave you half a second to react, and failing to that you automatically lose.

The music was an OK choice, but the thing overall lacked sounds, how did you make it almost 5 megs?
Additionally, I think some of your ideas for the level transitions were a rip off / interpretation of the ones at the 2advanced website.

The graphics weren't exactly stunning, and the coding was OK. Overall, you've repackaged the old game.

When you've got 4 seconds to impress me, do better.

jmtb02 responds:

Let me give you the rundown.

First, in no way was this project ever "corporate", or do you even understand why that means. This collab version was started way before anyone was getting paid, and we had close to 30 games before there was even mention of pay.

Second, you question how it got to 5 megs. Easily, 50 mini games bumps that number way up. The music quality was at 32 kpbs, so don't complain. I guess as a flash producer, I would have expected you to understand that 4-5k lines of code and close to 800 symbols (including 50 bitmaps) would cause a bit of bulk, right?

2advanced's implementation of "things that slide on rails" has been seen way before that website ever existed, so don't take similiarities and create drama out of it.

I guess my only real suggestion is not to completely judge us on issues you didn't really grasp.

-John

Resident Evil Escape Resident Evil Escape

I can draw better

The bad part is, I'm a scripter, not an animator ^_^

Ok, where to start.
What's the point in giving us buttons with no other choice? I mean..cmon.
'WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO BACK TO THE LOUNGE'

"Well, not really, but I don't seem to have a choice with ONE button"

Horribley animated, I must say you earned that 10 for humour :)

The GamePlay - I would have more fun playing Elmer Fudd's spelling quest.

Please make your stuff better.

Mike.
(I'm not trying to pass myself off as an ass, but this definitley needs improving)

4/10

ScottishAdam responds:

horribly animated??? you must have some extremly hgh standard of animation, like shrek . it wasnt HORRIBLY animated. the bit where you see the zombie limping toward you and you blow its head off its very nice if I dont say so my self

RPG Tutorial The Basics RPG Tutorial The Basics

A good tutorial for begginers

I loved the backgrounds; nice job on that.
Only a few improvements:

Instead of using a different frame for each direction, why not use _rotation for overhead instead?

Also, if I recall correctly:

It should be

on (release) {_root.gotoAndPlay ("whateverscene", 1);}

not

on (release) {_root.gotoAndPlay (whateverscene, 1);}

Mike

Staticblaze responds:

Thanks for the action script error. I'll have to change that. And the rotation thing is REALLY messed up. It makes you character glitch like hell.

3D racing 3D racing

Needs some improvement

Stuff needs to be fixed, such as, I can drive off the screen quite happily. The Car is very sensitive, resulting in it skidding all over the place, and the camera, which probably was a pain to make, doesn't deliver a fluent performance, it goes all over the place.
Fix this stuff, and it'll be a great game.

gamezhero responds:

fixed

Global Warming Game Global Warming Game

By the way, you didn't earn a 5

The game didn't work. Maybe its because Im using Flash Player 9, but I got the error message 'Shockwave Flash has performed an illegal operation', so really I can't review it. I also can't give it pure 0's because it probably doesn't deserve it, but I cant view it. Could be your fault, or Adobe's. Oh well.

The A.L.I.A.S Experiment The A.L.I.A.S Experiment

This should be flagged

Yes, this game is technically the property of freeonlinegames. However, you are trying to impersonate them; I don't think a professional (?) company would use the world 'LOL' as their location their profile, along with ' howdy! hope you like my website! Theres alot of games on it and I wanted to try newgrounds!' as their personal message.

Unless you can prove that you are freeonline games, this should be flagged, I'm just not bothered to do it.

Striplings 2060 Striplings 2060

It's just not fair

Why can't I win!! It's not fair! And I quit eventually because.....I couldnt win! BLEH

BoMToons responds: